Important Tenses for class 10, 2018 final.


Some important Tenses, collected from ‘Government English Grammar, by P.B.:
1.       Rita (sew) when her mother came in.
Ans: Rita was sewing when her mother came in.
2.       The lion (call) the king of the forest.
Ans: The lion is called the king of the forest.
3.       He (leave) before I met him.
Ans: He had left before I met him.
4.       The train (start) by the time you reach the station.
Ans: The train will have started by the time you reach the station.
5.       Jugen (go) for a walk every morning.
Ans: Jugen goes for a walk every morning.
6.       The earth (be) round.
Ans: The earth is round.
7.       Here (come) Hari !
Ans: Here comes Hari.
8.       See how he (walk) !
Ans: See how he walks !
9.       Look, it (rain).
Ans: Look, it rains.
10.   I hear you (buy) a car.
Ans: I hear you have bought a car.
11.   We understand you (arrive) only yesterday.
Ans: We understand you arrived only yesterday.
12.   The baby (sleep), don’t shout.
Ans: The baby is sleeping, don’t shout.
13.   He (come) soon to our town.
Ans: He is coming soon to our town.
14.   We (play) football this afternoon.
Ans:- We are playing football this afternoon.
15.   We (go) to play cricket this afternoon.
Ans: We are going to play cricket this afternoon.
16.   It (go) to rain, look at those clouds.
Ans: It is going to rain, look at those clouds.
17.   He is very ill, I am afraid he (go) to die.
Ans: He is very ill, I am afraid he is going to die.
18.   We (know) each other for twenty years.
Ans: we have known each other for twenty years.
19.   I never (drink) tea.
Ans: I have never drunk tea.
20.   I (cut) my finger, it is bleeding.
Ans: I have cut my finger, it is bleeding.
21.   We (buy) a car, so we now have a car.
Ans: we have bought a bicycle, so we now have a car.
22.   You (tear) your coat, there is a tear in your coat.
Ans: You have torn…..
23.   I (read) David Copperfield, so I know the story.
Ans: I have read …
24.   You (tell) us that already, so you do not need to tell us again.
Ans: You have told….
25.   He (go) to England, he is now in England, not here.
Ans: He has gone…
26.   I (do) this work for six months.
Ans: I have been doing…
27.   I (live) in this building since 2001.
Ans: I have been living…
28.   He (born) in 2000.
Ans: He was born in 2000
29.   I (meet) him last week.]
Ans: I met..
30.   He (come) here recently.
Ans: He came..
31.   (Do) you sleep well last night?
Ans: Did…
32.   My mother once (see) Mahatma Gandhi.
Ans: My mother once saw….
33.   It is time, we (leave).
Ans: It is time, we left.
34.   While he (read), some one knocked at the door.
ans: while he was reading,…
35.   When I (come), it was still raining.
Ans: When I came,…
36.   The sun was just setting as we (reach) home.
Ans:- The sun was just setting as we reached home.
37.   Where were you living, when the war (break) out?
Ans: Where were you living, when the war broke out?
38.   I was washing my clothes, my mother (cook).
Ans: I was washing my clothes, my mother was cooking.
39.   While Dipankar was digging up potatoes, Hari (pick) plums.
Ans: while Dipankar was digging up potatoes, Hari was picking plums.
40.   He (say) that he was coming.
Ans: He said that he was coming.
41.   He (leave) before I came.
Ans: He had left before I came.
42.   He left after I (go) away.
Ans: He left after I had gone away.
43.   When he (count) the money, he put it away.(this bold sentence is past indefinite, not present because if it is present indefinite then- ‘he puts it away’, like this uses.)
Ans: When he had counted the money, he put it away.
44.   He (not come) back till she had left the place.
Ans: He did not come back till she had left the place.
45.   I saw him, before he (see) me.
Ans: I saw him, before he saw me.
46.   He opened the window, before he (get) into bed.
Ans: He opened the window, before he got into bed.
47.   When we reached the station, the train aleardy (leave).
Ans: When we reached the station, the train had already left.
48.   He suddenly (realise) that he had left the purse in the bus.
Ans: he suddenly realised that he had left the purse in the bus.
49.   When I came in he just (finish) his home work.
Ans: when I came in He had just finished his home work.
50.   If I (buy) this car, I would drive it properly.
Ans: If I bought this car, I would drive it properly.
51.   He (sing) for two hours and so he felt tired.
Ans: He had been singing for two hours and so felt tired.
52.   He had been working when we (come).
Ans: He had been working when we came.
53.   Tomorrow (be) Sunday.
Ans: Tomorrow will be Sunday.
54.   He (go) home tomorrow.
Ans: He will go home tomorrow.
55.   We (not go) out if it rains.
Ans: We shall not go out if it rains.
56.   I (buy) a new car when the price comes down.
Ans: I shall buy a new car when the price comes down.
57.   He (read) a story-book then.
Ans: He will be reading a story-book then.
58.   I (wait) for you this time next Sunday.
Ans: I shall be waiting for you this time next Sunday.
59.   We (reach) home before it rains.
Ans: we shall have reached home before it rains.
60.   They (finish) this work by 4 p.m.
Ans: They will have finished this work by 4 p.m.
61.   By the end of the year your servant (break) all the cups and plates.
Ans: By the end of the year your servant will have broken all the cups and plates.

Note: We will be updating the other important notes for yours, visit daily at a time....

God Blessing You All….