Important Narration for class 10 & 12


Some important narrations collected from ‘Government English Grammar’ for class 10, by P.b.

Interrogative Sentences:
1.The teacher is saying to me, “What are you doing?”
Ans: The teacher is asking/enquiring of me what I am doing.
2.Madhujya said to me, “Where are you going?”
Ans: Madhujya asked me where I was going.
3.My mother is saying, “Who has given you this pen?”
Ans: My mother is asking me who has given me this pen.
4.My brother is saying, “Which is your book?”
Ans: My brother is asking me which is my book.
5.He said, “Who has taught you English Grammar today?”
Ans: He asked who had taught us English Grammar that day.
6.He said, “Which book is your’s?”
Ans: He asked me which book was mine.
7.He is saying to me, “Am I correct?”
Ans: He is asking me if he is correct.
8.The teacher is saying to him, “Is your brother coming today?”
Ans: The teacher is asking him if his brother is coming today.
9.Raju said to Roji, “Are you looking for Barnli?”
Ans: Raju asked Roji if she was looking for Barnali.
10.He said to me, “Are you prepared for the examination?”
Ans:- He asked me if I was prepared for the examination.
11.I said to him, “Is it true?”
Ans: I asked him if it(that) was true.
12.My mother asked me, “Have you met him this morning?”
Ans: My mother asked me if I had met him that morning.
13.The teacher is saying to Eaju, “Do you know how to swim?”
Ans: The teacher is asking Eaju if/whether he knows how to swim.
14.The teacher is saying to me, “Does your brother stay in Mumbai?”
Ans: The teacher is asking me if my brother stays in Mumbai.
15.The teacher is saying Ranbir, “Did you go through the book?”
Ans: The teacher is asking Ranbir if he went through the book.
16. I said to him, “Do you know English?”
Ans:- I asked him if he knew English.
17.He said to me, “Did you play cricket yesterday?”
Ans:- He asked me if I had played cricket the day before.
Imperative Sentences:
1.The master said to the servant, “Go away from here.”
Ans: The master ordered the servant to go away from there.
2.The captain said to his troup, “March forward.”
Ans: The captain ordered his troup to march forward.
3.The teacher said to the students, “Do not make noise, please.”
Ans:- The teacher requested the students not to make noise.
4.Raj said to his teacher, “Please excuse me.”
Ans: Raj requested his teacher to excuse him.
5.My mother said to me, “Do not waste your time.”
Ans: My mother advised me not to waste my time.
6.Anju said to Arun, “Please lend me fifty rupees.”
Ans: Anju asked arun to kindly lend him fifty rupees.
7.The stranger said to Rakesh, “Friend, please show me the way to the station.”
Ans: The stranger addressed Rakesh as his friend and requested him to show him(the stranger) the way to the station.
8.My friend said to me, “Let us go out.”
Ans: My friend proposed/suggested that we should go out.
9.Nitu said to Nirmal, “Let us go to the canteen and have some coffee.”
Ans:- Nitu proposed to Nirmal that they should go to the canteen and have some tea.
10.My mother said, “Let him go.”
Ans: My mother said that he might be allowed to go.
11.He said, “Let me have one of these pens.”
Ans:- He wished that he might be allowed to have one of those pens.
12.My brother said, “Let me do this in my own  way.”
Ans: My brother wished that he might be allowed to do that in his own way.

Exclamatory Sentences:
1.The players said, “Hurrah! We have won the trophy.”
Ans: The players exclaimed/cried out with delight that they had won the trophy.
2.The poor man said, “Alas! I am undone.”
Ans: The poor man cried sorrowfully that he was undone.
3.Sakuntala said, “What a beautiful bird, is this!”
Ans: Sakuntala exclaimed with wonder that that was a very beautiful bird.
4.Haren said to his teacher, “Good morning, sir?”
Ans: Haren wished his teacher good morning.
5.He said, “How unhappy I have been!?
Ans; He exclaimed with sorrow that he had been very unhappy.
6.I said, “How cruel I have been to you!?
Ans: I confessed with regret that I had been very cruel to him or her.

Miscellaneous Sentences:
1.They said, “Long live our principal.”
Ans: They prayed that their principal might live long.
Or: They wished their principal a long life.
2.The teacher said to me, “May you live long.”
Ans: The teacher wished/blessed that I might live long.
3.The old man said to Ramu, “May God bless you.”
Ans: The old man prayed that God might bless Ramu.
4.The man said, “Children please follow me.”
Ans: The man asked the children to follow him.
5.Raj said to him, “You are a fool.”
Ans: Raj called him a fool.
6.The lecturer said to his listeners, “Comrades, please do as I have said.”
Ans: Addressing his listeners as his comrades, the lecturer requested them to do as he had said.
7.When he said to the boys, “Will you go home?” They said, “Yes, we will.”
Ans:- When he asked the boys if they would go home. They replied/answered in the affirmative.
8.”Get out of here.” Said the officer to the boy, you are not fit for this work.”
Ans: The officer ordered the boy to get out from there and stated further that he/the boy was not fit for that work.
9. “Do you know Mr. Sharma?” the stranger said to me, “I have been looking him al these days.”
Ans:- The stranger asked/enquired of me if I knew Mr. Sharma; he further told/informed me that he/the stranger had been looking for him all those days.
10.My friend asked me when I had arrived there.
Ans: My friend said to me, “When have you arrived here?”
11.The old man said that he walks a mile every evening.
Ans: The old man said, “I walk a mile every evening.”
12.The teacher wished that I might succeed.
Ans: The teacher said to me, “May you succeed.”
13.The commander ordered the soldiers to fire.
Ans: The commander said to his soldiers, “Fire!”
14.Arindam suggested to me that we should arrange a picnic.
Ans:- Arindam said to me, “Let’s/Let us arrange a picnic.”
15.The Head Master exclaimed with applause that we had done very well.
Ans: The Head Master said to us, “Bravo! You have done well.”

God blessing you all….