Voices (Active & Passive) for Class 10 (ten) & 12 ( twelve)


Voice-


1.They asked the boy many questions.
Ans- The boy was asked many questions by them.
2. The thief will be caught by the policeman.
Ans- The policeman will catch the thief.
3. I know your father well.
Ans- Your father is known to me well.
4. The poem was written by my sister.
Ans- My sister wrote the poem.
5. We have completed the arrangements for the fair.
Ans- The arrangements for the fair have been completed.(by us).
6.The patient is being examined by a doctor.
Ans- A doctor is examining the patient.
7. The dog bites strangers.
Ans- Strangers are bitten by the dog.
8. He was taken to hospital.
Ans- They took him to hospital.
9. You should not raise this question now.
Ans- This question should not be raised by you now.
10. The bridge was completed in record time.
Ans- The P.W.D. workers completed the bridge in record time.
11. They say that he is a saint.
Ans- It is said that he is a saint.
12. Was a tiger killed by the hunter?
Ans- Did the hunter kill a tiger?
13. People speak English all over the world.
Ans- English is spoken all over the world.

14. The stage was decorated by the students.
Ans- The students decorated the stage.
15. A doctor is examining the patients.
Ans- The patients are being examined by a doctor.
16. The tiger was killed by the hunter.
Ans- The hunter killed the tiger.
17. Some boys broke the window panes.
Ans- The window panes were broken by some boys.
18. They have completed the work.
Ans- The work has been completed by them.
19. The teacher is correcting our copies.
Ans- Our copies are being corrected by the teacher.
20. My book has been stolen.
Ans- Somebody has stolen my book.
21. Our teacher buys books every month.
Ans- Books are bought every month by our teacher.
22. I do not know his address.
Ans- His address is not known to me.
23. I have posted the letters.
Ans- The letters have been posted by me.
24. The lady helps the poor.
Ans- The poor are helped by the lady.
25. He is writing a letter.
Ans- A letter is being written by him.
26. The hunter killed the tiger.
Ans- The tiger was killed by the hunter.
27.The workers repaired the bridge.
Ans- The bridge was repaired by the workers.



28. I have bought a few books.
Ans- A few books have been bought by me.
29. We discussed the matter thoroughly.
Ans- The matter was discussed thoroughly (by us).
30. I delivered all the letters.
Ans- All the letters were delivered by me.
31. The members elected him secretary.
Ans- He was elected secretary.
32. The grandmother looks after the child.
Ans- The child is looked after by the grandmother.
33. Children like sweets.
Ans- Sweets are liked by children.
34. By whom can this be done?
Ans- Who can do this?
35. Accidents are caused by carelessness.
Ans- Carelessness causes accident.
36. Who did this work?
Ans- By whom was the work done.
37.We were surprised at his conduct.
Ans- His conduct surprised us.
38. why did your father refuse such an honourable job?
Ans- Why was such an honourable job refused by your father?
39. The students elected him secretary.
Ans- He was elected secretary by the students.
40. The stage was decorated by the students.
Ans- The students decorated the stage.

41. People speak English all over the world.

Answer: English is spoken all over the world.

 

42. America was discovered by Columbus.
Answer: Columbus discovered America.

 

43. The letters have been posted.

Answer: They have posted the letters.

 

44. He did the work alone.

Answer: The work was done by him alone.

 

45.I have lost my English textbook.

Answer: My English text book has been lost by me.

 

46. He was punished for his misconduct.

Answer: They punished him for his misconduct.

 

47.I do not know his brother.

Answer: His brother is not known to me.

 

48. English is spoken by many people all over the world.

Answer: Many people speak English all over the world.

 

49. A letter was written by my father to the headmaster.

Answer: My father wrote a letter to the headmaster.

 

50. Why did your father write such a letter?

Answer: Why was such a letter written by your father?



We are updating more......

All the best & God blessing you, by  P.B.