Narrations for Class 10 ( ten ) & 12 (twelve)

Narration:-


1.He said to me, “Where is your book?”

Ans- He asked me where my book was.

2. I replied that I had lost that.

Ans- I said, “I have lost it.”

3. He said to me, “I know you”.

Ans- He told me that he knew me.

4. He asked me if I could help him.

Ans- He said to me, “Can you help me?”

5. Arun said, “I do not know this boy.”

Ans- Arun said that he did not know that boy.

6. I asked the boy if he had answered all the questions.

Ans- I said to the boy, “Did you answer all the questions?”

7. “I made some money yesterday.” Anil said.

Ans- Anil said that he had made some money the day before.

8. Raju told me that he would meet me the next day.

Ans- Raju said to me, “I shall meet you tomorrow.”

9.Anita said to Ravi, “Please lend me your pen.”

Ans- Anita requested Ravi to lend her his pen.

10. The boy told me that his father would meet me soon.

Ans- The boy said to me, “My father will meet you soon.”

 

11.He said to me, “Lend me your book for today.”

Ans- He asked me to lend him my book for that day.

12. He said to me, “You will be tired before you arrive.”

Ans- He told me that I would be tired before I arrived.

13. Ram asked me if I had a car.

Ans- Ram said to me, “Do you have a car?”

14. The old man wished that I might be happy.

Ans- The old man said, “May you be happy.”

15. He said to me, “When did you buy this book?”

Ans- He asked me when I had bought that book.

16.I said, “I bought it yesterday.”

Ans- I replied/said that I had bought it the day before.

17. Ravi thanked me for my help.

Ans- Ravi said to me, “Thank you for your help.”

18. The old man prayed that God might help me.

Ans- The old man said to me, “May God help you.”

19. Mohan said to Hari, “Can I borrow a hundred rupees from you?.”

Ans- Mohan asked Hari if he (Mohan) could borrow a hundred rupees from him (Hari).

20. Hari replied that he had no money to lend him.

Ans- Hari said, “I have no money to lend you.”

 

21. “Can you ride a bicycle?” I asked Gita.

Ans- I asked Gita if she could ride a bicycle.

22. The teacher said, “The earth is round.”

Ans- The teacher said that the earth is round.

23. The teacher said to me, “Don’t neglect your studies.”

Ans- The teacher advised me not to neglect my studies.

24.The doctor said to her, “Can you buy the medicine?”

Ans- The doctor asked her if she could buy the medicines.

25. The headmaster asked me who I was.

Ans- The Headmaster said to me, “Who are you?”

26. He told his wife that he might be late.

Ans- He said to his wife, “I may be late.”

27. “I made some money yesterday.” he said to Hari.

Ans- He told Hari that he (the speaker) had made some money the day before.

28.Mohan said that he goes for a walk every morning.

Ans- Mohan said, “I go for a walk every morning.”

 

 

 

29.The boy said, “Sir, please explain the poem once more.”

Ans- The boy requested the teacher/his teacher to explain the poem once more.

30. The teacher said that he would do that the next day.

 Ans- The teacher said, “I shall do it tomorrow.”

 

31.He said to them, “Good-bye, my friends.”

Ans- He bode his friends good-bye. /Addressing them as friends he wished good-bye to them.

32. I said to her, “Do you want my help?”

Ans- I asked her whether she wanted my help.

33. The teacher said, “Honesty is the best policy.”

Ans- The teacher said that honesty is the best policy.

34. Anita said, “I do not know the boy.”

 Ans- Anita said that she did not know the boy.

35. The lady said to the man, “I don’t know you.”

Ans- The lady told the man that she did not know him.

36. She asked him to keep quiet.

Ans- She said to him, “Keep quiet.”

37. The lady said to me, “I will tell you my story.”

Ans- The lady told me that she would tell me her story.

38. I told her that I had no time for that.

Ans- I said to her, “I have no time for this.”

39. The mechanic said, “I will repair your car tomorrow.”

Ans- The mechanic said that he would repair my car the next day.

40. The teacher enquired of the pupil if he had done his homework.

Ans- The teacher said to the pupil, “Have you done your homework?”

 

41. He said, “Honesty is the best policy.”

Ans- He said that honesty is the best policy.

42. He said that he takes bath in the Brahmaputra every morning.

Ans- He said, “I take bath in the Brahmaputra every morning.”

43. She said, “The water is boiling.”

Ans- She said that the water was boiling.

44. Mira said that her mother had been suffering from fever.

Ans- Mira said, “My mother has been suffering from fever.”

45. He told her not to disturb him.

Ans- He said to her, “Don’t disturb me.”

46. Mother said to me, “Don’t tell a lie.”

Ans- Mother advised/told me not to tell a lie.

47. “What a beautiful building!”, he said.

Ans- He exclaimed with joy that it was a very beautiful building.

/With surprise that it was a very beautiful building.

48.She propsed that we should go for a walk.

Ans- She said, “Let us go for a walk.”

49. “Can you drive a car?” I said to Rahim.

Ans- I asked Rahim if he could drive a car.

50.The stranger asked me if I could tell him the way to the Post Office.

Ans- The stranger said to me, “Can you tell me the way to the Post Office?”

 

51. Anita said, “I do not know the boy.”

Answer: Anita said that she did not know the boy.

 

52. Rahim said that his mother had been suffering from fever.

Answer: Ragim said, “My mother has been suffering from fever.”

 

53. Rahim said to me, “Do you know the boy standing at the gate?”

Answer: Rahim asked me if I knew the boy standing at the gate.

 

54. The young man told me that he had come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.

Answer: The young man said to me, “I have come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.”

 

55. She asked me why the teacher had punished me.

Answer; She said to me, “Why did the teacher punish you?”

 

56. Anita said to Ravi, “Please lend me your pen.”

Answer: Anita requested Ravi to lend her his pen.

 

57. Rashid asked me if I knew Rahim.

Answer: Rashid said to me, “Do you know Rahim?”

 

58. Mother said to me, “What will you do after the examination?”

Answer: Mother asked me what I would do after the examination.

 

59. She asked me why the teacher had punished me.

Answer: She said to me, “Why did the teacher punish you?”

 

60. Rita said to me, “Sir, don’t go home now.”

Answer: Addressing Sir, Rita requested me not to go home then.






we will be updating more..............


Wishing you  best & best for writing , by P.B.