Correct Tenses for class 10 (ten) & other classes


Correct Tense

Attention- তলত ব্যৱহাৰ কৰা প্রশ্নৰ BOLD বোৰেই   Answer ‘Tense’ টোৰ কাৰণ


1.I (write) this letter since morning.
Ans- I have been writing this letter since morning.
2.You (fail) unless you work harder.
Ans- You will fail unless you work harder.( .(One sentence future indefinite and other is present indefinite)
3. I have not seen him since we (leave) school.
Ans- I have not seen him since we left school.
4. If you (neglect) your studies, you will fail.
Ans- If you neglect your studies, you will fail.(One sentence future indefinite and other is present indefinite)
5.I(not meet) him for  a week.
Ans- I have not met him for a week.
6. The bus usually (arrive) here at 6 O’clock.
Ans- The bus usually arrives here at 6 O’clock.
7.When he entered my room, I (write) a letter.
Ans- When we entered my room, I was writing a letter.(One Past indefinite, other Past Continuous)
8. The match (start) before we reached the field.
Ans- The match had started before we reached the field. (One Past In. & other Past Perfect)
9. It is time you (go) home.
Ans- It is time you went home.


10. I shall wait here until he (come) back.
Ans- I shall wait here until he comes back.( One Future Indefinite & other present Indefinite)
11. I (not take) my breakfast yet.
Ans- I have not taken my breakfast yet.
12. When he came in, I (write) a letter.
Ans- When he came in, I was writing a letter.(One Past Indefinite & other past continuous)
13. He (walk) across the road when a scooter hit him.
Ans- He was walking across the road when a scooter hit him.  (One Past Indefenite & other Past Cont.)
14. I wish I (accept) the job.
Ans- I wish I accepted the job.
15. Hurry up, the taxi (wait).
Ans- Hurry up, the taxi is waiting.
16. They (live) in Delhi for ten years.
Ans- They have been living in Delhi for ten years.
17.She died after she (suffer) for five years.
Ans- she died after she had suffered for five years.
18. Ten years (pass) since I met you.
Ans- Ten years have passed since I met you.
19. When he came, it (be) all over.
Ans- When he came, it was all over.
20. He (stay) here until you return.
Ans- He will stay here until you return.(One Present Ind. And other Future Ind.)
21. When he started for office, it still (rain).
Ans- When he started for office, it was still raining. (Past Indefinite & Past Continuous)


22. I (not meet) my friend for ages.
Ans- I have not met my friend for ages.
23. If you (request) him, he would have helped you.
Ans- If you had requested him, he would have helped you. (Conditional and Possible, so past perfect and future perfect)
24. She (work) in this school since 1990.
Ans- She has been working in this school 1990.
25. We two (be) friends for long.
Ans- We two have been friends for long.
26. We (know) each other for the last ten years.
Ans- We have known each other for the last ten years.
27. If I (know) his address, I would have contacted him.
Ans- If I had known his address, I would have contacted him. (Conditional & Possible, so Past Perfect and Future Perfect)
28.Look, there (go) the bus.
Ans- Look, there goes the bus.
29. He cannot play in the match as he (injure) his foot.
Ans- He cannot play in the match as he has injured his foot.
30. I wish I (can) help you.
Ans- I wish I could help you.
31. If I (be) you, I should not accept that post.
Ans- If I were you, I should not accept that post.(Imposssible, so past indefinite)



32. I hurried back to the room (feel) very nervous, for it much easier (steal) something than to return it undetected. I (open) the door quietly, then (stand) in the doorway unclouded moonlight. Anil was still asleep. I (creep) to the head of the bed and my hand (come) up with the notes.
Ans- I hurried back to the room feeling very nervous, for it much easier to steal something than to return it undetected. I opened the door quietly, then stood in the doorway inclouded moonlight. Anil was still asleep. I crept to the head of the bed and my hand came up with the notes.
33. Father is not at home, he (gone) out.
Ans- Father is not at home, he has gone out.
34. He (reach) the station before the train departed.
Ans- He had reached the station before the train departed. (Past Ind. & Past Perfect)
35. It’s time we (return) home.
Ans- It’s time we returned home.
36. The new teacher (teach) us now for six months.
Ans- The new teacher has been teaching for six months.
37. Mohan (reach) home before it started raining.
Ans- Mohan had reached home before it started raining. (Past Ind. & Past Perf.)
38. He told us that he never (tell) a lie.
Ans- He told us that he would never tell a lie.
39. Our teacher (go) to London last year.
Ans- Our teacher went to London last year.
40. John (write) a number of short stories.
Ans- John has written a number of short stories.



41. We should never (tell) a lie.
Ans- We should never tell a lie. (Always truth)
42. The lady slipped while she (climb) the steps.
Ans- The lady slipped while she was climbing the steps. (Past Indef. & Past. Con.)
43. We shall wait here until he (come) back.
Ans- We shall wait here until he comes back.
(Future Ind. & Present Ind.)
44. He talks as if he (know) everything.
Ans- He talks as if he knew everything.
45. He jumped off the bus while it (move).
Ans- He jumped off the bus while it was moving.
(Past Indefinite & other Past Continuous)
46. He said that he (post) the letter.
Ans- He said that he had posted the letter.
47. He (be) a teacher since 1994.
Ans- He has been a teacher since 1994.
48. We (know) each other for five years.
Ans- We have known each other for five years.
49. The other day I (meet) a magician in the bazaar.
Ans- The other day I met a magician in the bazaar.
50. She said that she (will) help her friend.
Ans- She said that she would help her friend. (Narration and Reporting Verb in Past Tense)


51. The boys (play) in the garden when the tree fell down.
Ans- The boys were playing in the garden when the tree fell down. (Past Indefinite & Past Cont.)
52. I wish, I (be) a king.
Ans- I wish I were a king.
53. The boy (sleep), don’t disturb him.
Ans- The boy is sleeping, don’t disturb him.
54.  She (read) a book when I saw her.
Ans- She was reading a book when I saw her.(One Past Ind. & other Past Con.)
55. She (be) a teacher since 2002.
Ans- She has been a teacher since 2002.
56. The bell rang after we (finish) our work.
Ans- The bell rang after we had finished our work.(One is Past Ind. & other Past Perfect)
57. Please ring me up as soon as he (come).
Ans- Please sing me up as soon as he comes.
58. It is time we (go) to bed.
Ans- It is time we went to bed.
59. She behaves as if she (know) everything.
Ans- She behaves as if she knew everything.
60. I told him that I (return) his book the next day.

Ans- I told him that I would return his book the next day.


61. If it (rain) we shall not go out.

Answer: If it rains, we shall not go out.

 

62. We (know) each other for the last ten years.

Answer: We have known each other for the last ten years.

 

63. If I (be) you, I would not have called him again.

Answer: If I had been you, I would not have called him again.

Or: If I were you, I would not have called him again.

 

64. The principal is not in his room. He (go) out.

Answer: The principal is not in his room. He has gone out.

 

65. They (live) in Delhi for ten years.

Answer: They have been living in Delhi for ten years.

 

66. When he came, it (be) all over.

Answer: When he came, it was all over.

 

67. He (stay) here until you return.

Answer: He will stay here until you return.

 

68. I (go) there before she went.

Answer: I had gone there before she went.

 

69. Ten years (pass) since I met you last.

Answer: Ten years have passed since I met you last.

 

70. When she came, I (write) a letter.

Answer: When she came, I was writing a letter.

 

71. Air and water (be) necessary for life. They get (pollute) by harmful human activities like unchecked and uncontrolled disposal of inductrial waste and effluents. Since the Earth Summit of 1992, the awareness of the need to take care of our environment (grow) steadily. If we (take) care of our environment, disasters like the one in Uttarakhand could have been avoided.

 

Answer: Air and water are necessary for life. They get polluted by harmful human activities like unchecked and uncontrolled disposal of inductrial waste and effluents. Since the Earth Summit of 1992, the awareness of the need to take care of our environment has been growing steadily. If we took care of our environment, disasters like the one in Uttarakhand could have been avoided.




We are updating more............


Best of Luck, by P.B.